I’m still known as Storybird (I prefer to keep my true identity hidden).
I’ve met over sixty dogs, and I am looking forward to meeting more. I became more confident over our year traveling, and now my friends look to me as a leader, which I’m not quite used to yet. I LOVE playing two-hand-touch football and some other sports around the country.
I was happy to be back in the house on the same street as my best friend, and I enjoyed playing with her almost every day. I enjoyed climbing Mary-Ann, the maple tree in our yard, the one I’ve climbed since I was seven.I enjoyed petting Marco, my brother’s friend’s poodle.
But, I miss Yogi, the best dog in the world. I met him in Washington, when we camp hosted.
I miss seeing cool cactus in the desert of Arizona.
I miss playing with the ‘Q’ family. Usually two-hand-touch. That’s fun.
I miss making new friends.
I miss visiting national parks.
I’ll miss Holland too. When the red rubbery leaves on Mary-Ann get replaced by the purple ones that are as big as my hand.
I’ll miss picking the wild raspberries down on Third Ave with my friends.
I’ll miss going tubing… a lot. Hopefully we can still do that- somewhere.
But I think I’ll be happy going back on the road and meeting new friends, whether human or canine.
Recent Posts By StoryBird
- Meeting the “Trips”, Take 2 from California on May 17, 2013
- Grandma and Grandpa ‘A’ from Stories/Poems on May 13, 2013
- Change in California from California on Apr 24, 2013
- Helping Hands from Stories/Poems on Apr 3, 2013
- Camphost Party from Arizona on Mar 28, 2013
- Doing It By Myself from Arizona on Mar 6, 2013
- If Saguaros Didn’t Have Spikes from Stories/Poems on Jan 5, 2013
- The Skeleton from Stories/Poems on Dec 30, 2012
- Archery 101 from Arizona on Dec 17, 2012
- The Chainfruit Cholla from Arizona on Dec 9, 2012