For forty-plus years, I lived in homes in West Michigan. I was comfortable living a typical, suburban life.
Then I took a one-year trip around the USA in a 5th wheel trailer with my family.
When we returned to our Holland house, I found I could not return to life as I previously knew it. I had been ruined for an ordinary life.
True, I had missed extended family, our church, and local friends. But, the longer I sat in my chair in the living room, the more I missed the person I had become (and am still becoming) while living and traveling in the 5th wheel.
Now that we have moved back into the trailer full time, I sit in that same chair looking out at the changing scenery and I am myself again.
In addition to our family adventures, I am also looking forward to a few personal forays:
- Healthy, creative and satisfying food (prep/cooking and eating)—I can’t wait to make visits to Farmer’s Markets a regular activity
- Increased body movement (a.k.a. exercise)—I’m contemplating the C25K program
- Scheduled (and unscheduled) time with my Savior—It’s time I made Him Lord over my life.
Recent Posts By Crissa
- Finally Made It To Texas from Texas on Dec 6, 2013
- Travel Apps from Philosophical Ramblings on Nov 7, 2013
- Red China from We Didn’t Start the Fire on Aug 17, 2013
- Walter Winchell from We Didn’t Start the Fire on Aug 4, 2013
- Harry S. Truman from We Didn’t Start the Fire on Jul 23, 2013
- Journey to Michigan, Part 2/2 from Michigan on Jul 13, 2013
- We Didn’t Start the Fire from We Didn’t Start the Fire on Jul 13, 2013
- Journey to Michigan, Part 1/2 from North Dakota on Jul 10, 2013
- Caravanning with Friends from Lessons Learned on Jul 10, 2013
- Nehalem Bay State Park from Oregon on Jun 30, 2013