For forty-plus years, I lived in homes in West Michigan. I was comfortable living a typical, suburban life.
Then I took a one-year trip around the USA in a 5th wheel trailer with my family.
When we returned to our Holland house, I found I could not return to life as I previously knew it. I had been ruined for an ordinary life.
True, I had missed extended family, our church, and local friends. But, the longer I sat in my chair in the living room, the more I missed the person I had become (and am still becoming) while living and traveling in the 5th wheel.
Now that we have moved back into the trailer full time, I sit in that same chair looking out at the changing scenery and I am myself again.
In addition to our family adventures, I am also looking forward to a few personal forays:
- Healthy, creative and satisfying food (prep/cooking and eating)—I can’t wait to make visits to Farmer’s Markets a regular activity
- Increased body movement (a.k.a. exercise)—I’m contemplating the C25K program
- Scheduled (and unscheduled) time with my Savior—It’s time I made Him Lord over my life.
Recent Posts By Crissa
- Tedx UCSD from California on May 20, 2013
- Queen Califia’s Magical Circle from California on May 15, 2013
- Picacho Peak from Arizona on Apr 22, 2013
- Final Days in Mesa from Arizona on Apr 18, 2013
- Camphosting Friends from Arizona on Mar 29, 2013
- I See from Arizona on Mar 22, 2013
- An Arizona Christmas from Arizona on Dec 30, 2012
- Texas to Arizona from Arizona on Nov 11, 2012
- Boyink’s 45th / White Sands National Monument from New Mexico on Nov 9, 2012
- Sanger Texas, Alpacas, and Haikus from Texas on Oct 13, 2012